Let’s keep someone warm this Winter!
On Sunday, December 12, 2010 at 12 noon, a gathering of some of the top New Jersey musicians will perform in one day for a worthy cause. Blank-Fest New Jersey V will be held at The Crossroads, 78 North Avenue, Garwood, NJ.
This benefit concert will raise blankets for the homeless that will be distributed throughout the state at Project Homeless Connect events.
This year is New Jersey’s 5th annual show benefiting Monarch Housing Associates of Cranford. Traditionally, the suggested price of admission is a blanket.
The “noon ‘til closing” benefit concert will feature ten (10) musical acts who are donating their time and talent to the effort. The schedule for Blank-Fest V is:
- Noon: Summer Rae McLaughlan (solo singer/songwriter)
- 1PM: Gunsmoke (Tribute to Southern Rock)
- 2PM: DYM (Rock with Eddie “the Elf”)
- 3PM: Ms. B’s House of Detention (Female fronted Blues)
- 4PM: Splooge (original Rock)
- 5PM: The Expressway Band, Guitar Rock with members of Bon Jovi’s first band
- 6PM: Stupid Should Hurt, Party Rock
- 7PM: Bell Bottom Blues, an Eric Clapton tribute band
- 8PM: Rave On! (Tribute to Buddy Holly)
- 9PM: The Baghdaddios, Punk Rock with a mutated Twist…. front man Kenn Rowell is the founder of Blank Fest.
The first Blank-Fest show was held in 1997 in Nyack, NY. Since then, musicians in several U.S. states, Canada and England have heard about the cause and organized their own Blank-Fest benefit concerts. In its 13-year history, Blank-Fest has collected and distributed more than 6,000 blankets to the homeless.
“In these tough times, I believe we all understand how important it is to help those less fortunate than ourselves,” says Blank-Fest founder Kenn Rowell. “But many of us are also feeling the economic pinch, and money is hard to come by. This is a great, inexpensive way to help someone in need.”
Click here to view photos from Blank-Fest IV.