Legislation Includes RHYA, SAMHSA and Other Funding
The bill included the following proposed spending levels:
- $115 million for Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) Programs within HHS, which represents flat funding from FY 2012 and is level with the Administration’s proposal;
- $75 million for the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Homeless Services within HHS, which represents flat funding from FY 2012;
- $65 million for Education for Homeless Children and Youth programs within the Department of Education, which represents flat funding from FY 2012;
- $65 million for Projects for Assistance in Transition from Homelessness (PATH) in HHS, which represents flat funding from FY 2012; and
- $38 million for the Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program within the Department of Labor, which also represents flat funding from FY 2012.
The House Appropriations Committee has not yet scheduled a markup of its Labor, HHS, Education funding bill for FY 2013, though it is likely to do so in the coming weeks.
Click here for more information on the Senate’s bill.