Alliance Hosts July 11 Webinar
On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm, the National Alliance to End Homelessness (the Alliance) will host a webinar entitled “Improving the Crisis Response for Youth.” Many communities do not have all of the resources that they need to provide shelter for their homeless youth population.
The session will address this issue and focus on:
- Keeping youth off the streets and away from the dangers inherent to them, including violence, drugs, and sexual exploitation;
- Alternatives to physical shelter beds, including host homes, and
- Ways to ensure that the adult crisis system is responsive to the needs of youth who are in crisis.
This webinar will feature:
- Samantha Batko, Program and Policy Analyst at the Alliance;
- Kristen Granatek, Manager of Technical Assistance and Program Services at the Connecticut Coalition to End Homelessness; and
- Mark Kroner, Director of the Lighthouse Training Institute out of Lighthouse Youth Services.
Oftentimes, communities do not have sufficient resources to shelter all homeless youth.
Click here to register for the webinar.