Interagency Council on Homelessness has a year to develop a ten year plan
On July 31, 2012, Governor Chris Christie appointed fifteen (15) public members to Interagency Council on Homelessness. This is an important step in our collective efforts to end homelessness in New Jersey.
We congratulate all of the appointees and look forward to working with them to end homelessness in New Jersey!
The appointments to the Interagency Council on Homelessness were:
- Appoint Matthew A. Reilly (Mount Laurel, Burlington)
- Appoint Mary Fran McFadden (Jackson, Ocean)
- Appoint Sidney Blanchard (Scotch Plains, Union)
- Appoint Karen Olson (Summit, Union)
- Appoint Arnold C. Davis (Moorestown, Burlington)
- Appoint the Honorable Dana L. Redd (Camden, Camden)
- Appoint Maria Del Mar Lopez (Warren, Somerset)
- Appoint Frank A. Cirillo (Trenton, Mercer)
- Appoint Julia Meredith Orlando, CRC, Ed.M., MA (Oradell, Bergen)
- Appoint Robert F. Guarasci (Paterson, Passaic)
- Appoint Jill Rottmann, Esq. (Roselle Park, Union)
- Appoint Constance Mercer (Lawrenceville, Mercer)
- Appoint Reverend Kent R. Pipes (Hainesport, Burlington)
- Appoint Alison Recca-Ryan, LCSW (Solebury, Pennsylvania)
- Appoint John J. Monahan, LCSW (Ewing, Mercer)
“This is something that I’m really concerned about,” Christie said. “It’s something that makes our state a lesser place to live in when we have people who don’t have a home to go to at night, who don’t have a place to raise their children or give them a sense of safety.”
“Without a place to call home, it’s incredibly difficult to secure and retain a job or nurture a family,” said Human Services Commissioner Jennifer Velez. “Safe, permanent housing truly is a key factor in helping people attain self sufficiency.”
Click here to read the Executive Order.