Join Monarch Housing in Signing Letter to
Save Services and Restore Economic Security
- Approximately 185,000 rental assistance vouchers lost; and
- An additional 145,900 people homeless.
More than two million Americans would be negatively affected by sequestration cuts to affordable housing and community development programs that would take place in 2013.
Monarch Housing asks you to join us in urging Members of Congress to use a balanced approach to deficit reduction – one that will not destroy the safety net of the most vulnerable Americans. The Coalition on Human Needs is sponsoring and circulating a letter that urges Congress to promote the common good, protect the vulnerable, and rebuild the economy. The deadline to sign the letter is Monday, September 10, 2012.
The letter includes four principles developed in a statement signed by 1,600 organizations under the name Strengthening America’s Values and Economy (SAVE) for All. By signing the letter, you ask Congress to
- Protect low-income and vulnerable people;
- Promote job creation;
- Increase revenue from fair sources; and
- Seek responsible savings by targeting wasteful spending in the Pentagon and in other areas that do not serve the public interest.
Click here to read and sign the letter.
Click here to learn more about sequestration’s impact.