A Systematic Level Approach
To truly end youth homelessness, communities will have to shift their focus from program level planning to the systems level planning. A workshop at the National Alliance to End Homelessness’ annual conference this summer explored how this will require the establishment of clear desired outcomes and outcome measures to evaluate progress and the implementation system-level strategies to achieve them.
The session, entitled “Systems-Level Strategies for Ending Youth Homelessness” examined:
- The essential elements of a systems’ level approach to youth
- How to use resources to a maximum effect, and
- Methods for establishing and measuring impact.
And speakers included:
- Cathy ten Broeke, City of Minneapolis/Hennepin County, Minneapolis, MN
- Jennifer Ho, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness, Washington, DC (Moderator)
- Adrienne Quinn, Medina Foundation, Seattle, WA
- Beth Stokes, Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority, Los Angeles, CA
Click here to download the speakers’ presentations.