Eleven supportive housing units for persons with Aspergers
West Bergen Specialized Housing is a permanent, affordable and supportive housing project sponsored by West Bergen Mental Healthcare, Inc. This project is the new construction of an 11 unit apartment building, and will provide ten (10) permanent, affordable and supportive one bedroom housing units, along with a manager’s unit. Each unit has it’s own living room, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom.
The tenants will share on site laundry, community room, and the family room. The project is located in the heard of Ridgewood, NJ, and provides walking access to the downtown area. The home is also 100% accessible, and provides housing to very low-income individuals with a disability (Aspergers). On September 20, 2012 Staff, board, funders and supporters gathered for a ribbon cutting ceremony, to celebrate this momentous achievement.
These are photos from the grand opening. Click here to view them on Facebook.
The members of the Development Team are:
- Sponsor: West Bergen Mental Healthcare, Inc., Ridgewood, NJ
- Attorney: Andora and Romano, LLC., Paramus, NJ
- Architect: RSC Architects, Cliffside Park, NJ
- Contractor: T.M. Brennan Contractors, Hamburg, NJ
- Consultant: Monarch Housing Associates, Cranford, NJ
- Housing and Urban Development Section 811
- New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
- Bergen County Community Development HOME Funds
- Federal Home Loan Bank of New York – AHP Funds
- AHP application sponsored by Atlantic Stewardship Bank
- Village of Ridgewood – Developer’s Trust Fund