The Department of Housing and Urban Development has released an updated Supportive Housing Program Desk Guide for use by all grantees currently receiving funds through the McKinney-Vento SHP program. Updates to the document include:
1) New sections on match requirements and program definitions and regulations
2) New resources such as tools and tips, FAQ
3) Clarification on eligible program participants
4) Eligible activities for HMIS and project based assistance
5) Guidance on grant administration including but not limited to:
a. draw down of funds for SHP capital projects
b. move-in expenses and security deposits
c. program fees and rent
We strongly encourage all agencies currently receiving funds under the SHP program to review the updated SHP Desk Guide at the HUDHRE website.
To view details on the changes to the Desk Guide click here.
To view the new Desk Guide click here.