Webinar Offers Next Steps and Opportunities for Action
As Another Fiscal Cliff Approaches
As Congress heads toward another fiscal cliff, The Coalition on Human Needs is offering an informative webinar, Fiscal Cliff Notes, on Monday, January 28, 2013 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. The webinar will cover:
- What has happened,
- What comes next, and
- What you can do about it.
On New Year’s Day, Congress passed a budget deal which delayed automatic across-the-board cuts for two months, extended unemployment insurance for a year and made permanent some of the middle class tax breaks.
This webinar will be an opportunity to learn more about the upcoming deficit negotiations including:
- The multiple threats to needed services,
- The impact on low- and moderate-income people,
- The prospect of government default and shutdown, and
- What’s being done to pull back from the cliff.
This webinar is co-sponsored by the National Women’s Law Center and the Coalition on Human Needs and featured speakers including:
- Joan Entmacher, Vice President for Family Economic Security, National Women’s Law Center,
- Deborah Weinstein, Executive Director, Coalition on Human Needs, and
- Moderator: Ellen Teller, Director of Government Relations, Food Research and Action Center
Please click here to register.