Join Alliance for April 9
Webinar Highlighting Next Steps
Last week, Congress passed the (FY) 2013 funding legislation into law.
Unfortunately, due to the difficult fiscal year, many programs, including Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) programs, were swept up in the greater budget battle.
- RHYA programs were flat funded at FY 2012 levels of $115 million; and
- On top of this, they will be subject to sequestration, the automatic, across-the-board cuts of 5% to virtually all discretionary spending programs and this will result in a final funding level for FY 2013 of just over $109 million, a $6 million cut from FY 2012 levels.
Regarding next steps, the National Alliance to End Homelessness (the Alliance):
- Is awaiting the release of the President’s Budget Proposal on Monday, April 8, 2013 to formulate policy priorities and launch FY 2014 advocacy campaigns; and
- Will host a webinar on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the President’s Budget Proposal along with details on the Alliance’s soon-to-be-released report, The State of Homelessness in America 2013.
- The webinar will offer advocates a great opportunity to hear about next steps and how they can use the report to help bring attention to homelessness in their communities.
Click here to register for the webinar.