NJHMFA and Investors Bank to Sponsor Event
On Friday, May 17, 2013, the Mercer Alliance to End Homelessness (Mercer Alliance) and Monarch Housing Associates (Monarch) are hosting a one-day conference “Changing the System to End Family Homelessness.”
Mercer Alliance and Monarch are pleased to announce that the New Jersey Housing Mortgage Finance Authority (NJHMFA) and Investors Bank are sponsors of this event and are very grateful for their support.
Counties are being invited to send up to five decision-makers through their Continuums of Care.
The conference will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m at Bristol Meyers Squibb, 777 Scudders Mill Road in Plainsboro and will include the following speakers:
- Annemarie C. Uebbing, Director, Community Planning and Development Division (HUD)
- NJ Department of Human Services (DHS) Commissioner Jen Velez
- NJ Housing and Mortgage Finance Authority (HMFA) Executive Director Anthony Marchetta
The program will include the following workshops:
How Can System Change Work to End Family Homelessness?
- Richard W. Brown, CEO, Monarch Housing
- Frank Cirillo, Director, Mercer County Board of Social Services (MCBOSS)
- Sharon McDonald, National Alliance to End Homelessness
- Herb Levine, Executive Director, Mercer Alliance (Moderator & Respondent)
How Does Rapid Re-Housing Work?
- Tom Albanese, Abt Associates (and formerly of the Columbus Shelter Board)
- Jackie Edwards, Director, Emergency and Community Service, Catholic Charities Trenton
- Chris Harcar, Mercer County Board of Social Services (MCBOSS)
- Marygrace Billek, Director, Mercer County Department of Human Services (Moderator & Respondent)
How Data Can Promote Systems Change?
- Tom Albanese, Abt Associates
- Erin Lue-Hing, NJHMFA Staff
- Paul Rossi, Foothold Technology
- Vernett Sherrill, Trenton Mercer Continuum of Care
- Additional Continuum of Care Representative (To be confirmed)
- Taiisa Kelly, Senior Associate, Monarch Housing (Moderator and Respondent)