Targeted for Supportive Housing
Submission Deadline May 15, 2013
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs announced on Friday April 19, 2013, the availability of a limited number of project-based vouchers for the purpose of creating and/or expanding permanent, affordable housing for citizens with special needs. The application deadline is May 15, 2013.
Eligible Applicants: Nonprofit and for-profit housing developers/sponsors.
Eligible Uses: Eligible uses include existing rental housing, new construction, and substantial rehabilitation.
Please note that no more than twenty-five (25%) percent of the units in a project may have project-based assistance from either a federal or state funding source.
Exceptions to this cap are:
- Project-based units in a single family property (one to four unit property); or
- Units in a multifamily building (five or more) set-aside for the elderly or disabled.
- This limit may be waived by DCA with substantial justification.
Term of Assistance: The term of assistance shall be for a period of 15 years, dependent upon continued funding availability and compliance with the terms of the Housing Assistance Payment Contract. This may be extended with agreement of all parties.
- Individuals with mental illness
- Individuals with physical and developmental disabilities
- Youth aging out of foster care
- Runaway and homeless youth
- Individuals with AIDS/HIV
- Victims of domestic violence
- Disabled and homeless veterans
- Individuals and families who are homeless
- Individuals in treatment for substance abuse
Maximum Number of Vouchers: The maximum number of HCV-PBA vouchers per application is capped at ten. This limit may be waived by DCA with substantial justification.
Click here for the full RFP.