Newspapers and Radio Tell Story of
Local Point-in-Time Counts
The statewide point in time count of the homeless, was held in each of New Jersey’s twenty-one counties from January 28-29, 2014 has provided an excellent opportunity for local communities to share their story about how they are counting the homeless and working to end homelessness.
- Fios1News covered Hudson County’s count with a much watch video.
- New Jersey 101.5 covered the statewide count.
- The Suburban News covered Union County.
- The Jersey Journal covered Hudson County.
- The Warren Reporter covered Warren County.
- The NewMilford Patch covered Bergen County.
- The Hunterdon County Democrat covered Hunterdon.
- The New Jersey Herald covered Sussex County.
- The Courier Post covered Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester Counties.
- NJ Spotlight covered Somerset County.
- The Record covered Bergen and Passaic Counties.
- The Inquirer covered Camden, and Gloucester Counties.
- The Asbury Park Press covered Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
- The Trenton Times covered Trenton and Mercer County.
- The Express-Times covered Warren County.
And in related news, the Star Ledger covered the story of the homeless who use the Newark’s Penn Station as temporary shelter and what that means for plans for the upcoming Super Bowl.