Reducing Costs with Better Health Care Delivery
New payment methodologies will not only impact health centers fiscally, but they can create opportunities and challenges for implementing innovative service delivery models. Because of this, it is important that health center leaders understand the range of payment methodologies being considered in their communities, find the best approaches that meet their workforce and patients’ needs, and participate in local and state-wide payment reform discussions.
Join the National Healthcare for the Homeless Council on Friday, April 18, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. for a webinar to learn more about payment reform. During this webinar, presenters will help participants better understand how payment reform impacts practice and will provide tips for engaging in meaningful discussions with decision makers.
The webinar presentation will answer the following questions:
- Who are the decision makers in payment reform efforts?
- How can I meaningfully engage in discussions with decision makers?
- How have other health centers engaged in these discussions?
- What are some of the payment models being adopted by other health centers?
- How has payment reform impacted practice?
- What are some challenges and opportunities in adopting a new payment methodology?
Speakers will include:
- Sabrina Edgington, MSSW, Program and Policy Specialist, National Health Care for the Homeless Council
- Melissa Hansen, MS, Senior Health Policy Analyst, National Conference of State Legislatures
- DaShawn Groves, MPH, Assistant Director, State Affairs, National Association of Community Health Centers
- Monica Bharel, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program