CSH Hosts April 24 Webinar
The Housing Choice Voucher program (HCV) is the largest rental assistance program that helps extremely-low and low-income households gain access to safe, affordable housing. Vouchers enable families to access private housing that fits their needs and allows public housing authorities (PHAs) to create supportive housing units targeting vulnerable populations in the local community. Through the Project-Based Voucher (PBV) program, PHAs are able to support development of supportive housing units for homeless populations, persons with disabilities, seniors or at-risk families.
This webinar will discuss:
- How housing developers and PHAs utilize the HCV program to create supportive housing,
- The impact of current and future funding levels on supportive housing development and
- Efforts being taken to increase funding for the HCV program.
Speakers will include:
- Melissa Quirk, Senior Policy Analyst, National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC)
- Lisa Kuklinski, Regional Vice President of New Markets, Public Affairs and Communications, Mercy Housing Lakefront
- Kerry Bate, Executive Director, Housing Authority of the County of Salt Lake
- Ehren Dohler, Coordinator of Housing Choice Voucher Funding Project, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP)
- Hilary Gawrilow, Director of Federal Policy, CSH (Moderator)
Click here to register for the webinar.