Engaging Tenants and Consumers
Every Vote Counts!
The National Low Income Housing Coalition (NLIHC) continues its Voterization efforts in 2014 by offering a series of webinars to train advocates and service providers on how to carry out effective voter engagement programs.
The first webinar, “Voter Registration and the Challenge of Voter Suppression,” will take place on Thursday, June 12, at 2:00 pm.
The presentation will:
- Provide background information on the importance of tenant voters,
- Discuss the rules governing voter registration for 501(c)(3) organizations,
- Review the NLIHC Voterization Plan in detail,
- Provide tips and best practices for voter registration drives,
- Explore some of the more challenging aspects of recent efforts to suppress voter turnout, and
- Demonstrate resources to local voter registration campaigns.
The entire House of Representatives and 36 Senate seats are up for election this November. A strong turnout from low income renters is essential to making affordable housing a high priority in the next Congress.
Click here to RSVP for the webinar.
Click here to contact NLIHC’s Outreach Team and participate in Voterization activities.