First Focus Hosts Webinar
June 18th at 2 PM
First Focus will hold a webinar, “Ending Family Homelessness: Identifying Effective Interventions” on Wednesday, June 18, 2014 at 2:00 p.m.
The discussion will focus on:
- Methods and policies to improve outcomes for children and families experiencing homelessness and
- The findings in the Service and Housing Interventions for Families in Transition (SHIFT) study. SHIFT is a longitudinal study of specific homeless children and families, currently in place for a year and a half. The study seeks to learn which services are most effective in providing residential stability for these families.
- An explanation of the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness’ Family Connection plan, which provides tools to help communities meet the federal goal of ending homelessness among children and families by 2020.
Moderator: Meghan Mack, Vice President, Nutrition, Housing, and State Partnerships, First Focus
- Maureen Hayes, Senior Researcher, National Center on Family Homelessness, a practice area of American Institutes for Research’s Health and Social Development Program
- Lindsay Knotts, Management and Program Analyst, U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Cara Baldari, Senior Policy Director, Family Economics, First Focus
Click here to register for the webinar.