NJ Day Hill Day 2014 a Success
On July 31, 2014, Monarch Housing Associates and CSH led colleagues from New Jersey on a very successful NJ Hill Day 2014.
This year meetings were held with senior staff from each of the fourteen NJ Congressional offices. In addition, five members of Congress – Leonard Lance, Albio Sires, Rush Holt, Frank LoBiondo, Frank Pallone and Senator Robert Menendez – attended the meetings.
A group of almost 20 advocates from across New Jersey met with both U.S. Senate offices and all 11 Members of the House urging them to support federal policy priorities that would create Homes for the Homeless.
The meeting goals were to:
- Establish/build relationships with your congressional offices;
- Educate your senators and representatives on your success and progress at home; and
- Encourage them to work in support of policy initiatives to end homelessness.
The theme of the day was Homes for the Homeless and the policy priorities focused on funding to create more housing which would transform the lives of the residents while having a positive impact on creating jobs.
- Make Affordable Housing and Ending Homelessness a Priority in the Federal Budget
- Restore Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
- Ensure Funding for the National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF)
- Increase the capacity of Runaway and Homeless Youth Act (RHYA) programs
- Provide Additional Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTCs) for Areas Impacted by Federally Declared Disasters
Click here for more information.