New rates Effective Oct. 1, 2014
Comments Due by Sept. 15th
On August 15, 2014, HUD published the Proposed Fair Market Rents for the Housing Choice Voucher Program Moderate Rehabilitation Single Room Occupancy Program and Other Programs Fiscal Year 2015 in the Federal Register.
The purpose of the notice is to provide the preliminary information so that the proposed payment standards can be reviewed prior to taking effect on October 1, 2014. To view the full national FY15 FMRs click here.
- Bergen, Passaic and Warren decreased.
- Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, and Union increased.
- The largest percentage increase was in Cape May County which increased 9.5% for a two bedroom apartment.
For more information.
- Click here for the notice in the Federal Register.
- Click here for a summary table of the new FMR’s and the changes from 2014.
- Click here to view the proposed FMR’s by county.
Interested persons may submit comments electronically through the Federal eRulemaking Portal at www.regulations.gov. HUD strongly encourages commenters to submit comments electronically. Electronic submission of comments allows the commenter maximum time to prepare and submit a comment, ensures timely receipt by HUD, and enables HUD to make them immediately available to the public.
Comments submitted electronically through the www.regulations.gov Web site can be viewed by other commenters and interested members of the public.
Commenters should follow instructions provided on that site to submit comments electronically.
The deadline for comments is September 15, 2014.