Affordable Senior Housing
In the heart of Bergen County
Teaneck Senior Housing, an 75,500 square foot, 62-unit affordable senior citizen housing facility, broke ground at the site in Teaneck on Wednesday, November 12, 2014.
The three-story complex for seniors will feature on-site parking, laundry facilities, and a recreation room.
Teaneck Senior Housing is funded by:
- The U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) 202 program,
- Low Income Housing Tax Credits,
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency construction loan,
- Enterprise Community Investment,
- Teaneck Senior Citizen Housing Corporation
- Bergen County HOME Funds
- Bergen County CDBG Funds, and
- Federal Home Loan Bank’s Affordable Housing Program grant provided through Bogota Savings Bank
“I saw a need, and knew we needed to develop more housing for our seniors.”
Said Elizabeth Davis, Executive Director of Geriatric Services, Inc.
Senator Loretta Weinberg thanked Ms. Davis and Geriatric Services for their dedication, passion and hard work in everything they do, including the development of this supportive housing project.
When it opens, this facility will provide 62 units of housing to very low-income seniors.
Geriatric Services, Inc. will also provide services to the residents.
The development team includes:
- Geriatric Services, Inc. – Developer and service provider
- The Alpert Group – Developer
- Monarch Housing Associates – Consultant
- Jon Fellgraff – Architect
- Burgis Associates, Inc. – Engineering
- Del-Sano Contracting – General Contractor
- Andora and Romano – Attorney
- Brach Eichler, LLC – Attorney
- Law Offices of Elliot W. Urdang – Attorney
Construction is underway with the opening of the facility planned for the first quarter of 2016.
Geriatric Services, Inc. extends the independence of senior citizens through the provision of comfortable, affordable housing in conjunction with social and recreational activities. The organization offers congregate services, including meals, personal assistance, medication assistance, and housekeeping support to the frail elderly.