Renew all 2015 Vouchers
Restore Lost Vouchers
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 from 10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., Monarch Housing Associates and the Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (the Network) will host a webinar, “Funding House Choice Vouchers in FY 2016.”
Vouchers are a stepping stone that help families with children, seniors, and people with disabilities keep a roof over their head and make ends meet.
This overview will include:
- Advocacy for funding new Housing Choice Vouchers in FY2016,
- Discussion of next steps, and
- Q&A session
Ehren Dohler from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities will share his expertise on the issue of voucher funding. Housing providers and developers, advocates in the housing, homeless and disability communities and public housing authorities are encouraged to join the call.
Congress should support full funding for all Housing Choice Voucher renewals in fiscal year 2016 and provide an additional $512 million to restore the remaining 67,000 vouchers lost nationally to sequestration, as the President’s budget requests. A substantial share of these vouchers should be targeted on vulnerable groups.
The President’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 Budget Request includes:
- Renews all vouchers in use in 2015.
- Restores the remaining 67,000 vouchers lost nationally to sequestration.
- Targets 30,000 of these vouchers to vulnerable groups.
- 22,500 vouchers to homeless families, veterans who are unable to receive HUD-VASH vouchers, victims of domestic and dating violence, and Native Americans.
- 2,600 Family Unification Program vouchers.
- 4,900 vouchers to victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking, as defined by the Violence Against Women Act Reauthorization of 2013, who require an emergency transfer.
Click here to register for the webinar.