Connecting Children’s Bureau & HUD’s
FY2016 Budget Requests
Participants will learn:
- How the Obama Administration’s proposed federal FY2016 Budget impacts child welfare and housing programs,
- Where funding priorities intersect, and
- What these proposals could mean for state and local providers of services.
This webinar will present timely information regarding US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) budget proposals aimed at increasing federal funding for family preservation and reunification services as well as information on how the Administration plans to create new housing resources for vulnerable families.
Presenters from HHS Children’s Bureau and the US Interagency Council on Homelessness will describe relevant budget proposals now before Congress, and CSH will offer strategies to help housing providers collaborate with child welfare agencies to integrate housing and services to stabilize highest-need families and improve outcomes for children and parents.
Presenters will include:
- JooYeun Chang, Associate Commissioner, US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children & Families, Children’s Bureau
- Jasmine Hayes, Policy Director, US Interagency Council on Homelessness
- Debra Lancaster, Director, Office of Strategic Development, New Jersey Department of Children & Families
- Hilary Swab Gawrilow, Director of Federal Policy, CSH
Click here to register.