Demonstrating the Need for the NHTF
Learn about the National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF) by video in just five easy, digestible pieces. The National Low Income Housing Coalition’s (NLIHC’s) Ed Gramlich will help you navigate the regulations implementing the NHTF.
This five-part series:
- Explains why the NHTF is necessary and why it focuses on extremely low income renters;
- Describes how the funds will be distributed to states; emphasizes opportunities for advocates to influence how their state allocates the funds; and
- Provides detailed information about how the funds can be used.
Each week, Memo to Members will highlight one of the videos in the series.
The first video:
- Introduces the NHTF, explaining that the NHTF is a new source of “dedicated” revenue intended to build, rehab, preserve, and operate affordable rental housing for households with extremely low incomes
- Presents data demonstrating the need for the NHTF and
- Explains how the dedicated funds are generated, money that will begin to flow to states in 2016.
Click here for the other videos.