Improving Practices and Collaboration
The United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) and its federal partners have released new guidance on Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits for people experiencing homelessness.
USICH has partnered Social Security Administration (SSA), the Substance Abuse and Mental health Services Administration (SAMHSA), and the Veterans Administration (VA) in developing the following key strategies:
- Assisting People Experiencing Homelessness with the SSI/SSDI Application Process
- Coordinating with SSA Field Offices, Community Organizations, and other Federal Agencies
- Coordinating with Other Benefits and Entitlements
- Working with Veterans and Other Special Populations
- Assisting SSI/SSDI Beneficiaries Post-Entitlement
Click here for more information from USICH.