Encouraging Staff and Volunteers
To Volunteer and Vote
Voting and active citizenship are fundamental to nonprofits’ mission, programs and impact on public policy. Having staff, board members and other volunteers register strengthens nonprofits and better positions organizations to engage their communities.
How individual nonprofits can participate:
- Use the Voter Registration Toolkit to create a plan for your nonprofit. Assign a point person or staff team to coordinate the activities.
- Have staff and volunteers register to vote or update their registration on or before National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday, September 22, 2015.
- Encourage your members and affiliates to participate: in your communications; at your meetings; and on the advocacy or action page of your website.
Campaign participants get:
- Access to tools and resources making it easier to register your staff, board and other volunteers.
- State by state guidance on voter registration and voting in your state.
- Sample templates for making a plan to engage your staff and volunteers or to encourage your affiliates and other nonprofits to join.
Click here to learn more and join.