Ideas on Poverty and Housing Affordability
The House Financial Services Committee has rescheduled its hearing, The Future of Housing in America: 50 Years of HUD and its Impact on Federal Housing Policy, for Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 10:00 am.
The call to submit ideas is an important opportunity to highlight the impact that HUD’s programs have on decreasing homeless populations and assisting the most vulnerable households.
Comments could focus on:
- How your organization has used HUD resources to serve homeless/vulnerable populations;
- The benefit to the community that resulted from the use of HUD programs in collaboration and connection with other programs/services;
- Cost-savings associated with your program as a result of utilizing a HUD housing program;
- The need for increased resources to further your community/state goals of providing supportive housing for homeless/vulnerable populations; and
- Innovative approaches to creating supportive housing that your community has developed and implemented with the use of HUD programs.
Click here to learn more about the hearing.
Click here for requirements for submitting ideas regarding HUD.