Celebrating Construction of 120 New Homes
And Community Redevelopment
A ribbon cutting ceremony for Kilmer Homes I & II will take place on Thursday, March 31, 2016 at 2:00 p.m.
Kilmer Homes I & II is located at 115 and 117 Truman Drive in Edison.
The ribbon cutting celebrates the grand opening of 120 newly constructed affordable apartments, apartments for homeless families, and the redevelopment of the former U.S. Army Camp Kilmer, which officially closed in 2009.
Kilmer Homes was funded in part through the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Despite continued pressure to reduce its federal funding, the forty-two-year-old CDBG program continues to positively impact communities and their citizens. The ribbon cutting coincides with National Community Development Week. Kilmer Homes exemplifies how federal funding, specifically CDBG funding, can effectively create affordable housing.
The agenda will include the following speakers:
- Joe Alpert, President, The Alpert Group
- Richard W. Brown, Chief Executive Officer, Monarch Housing Associates
- Madeline Cook, Executive Director, Edison Affordable Housing, Inc.
- U. S. Congressman Frank Pallone
- Township of Edison Mayor Thomas Lankey
- Township of Edison Council Member Rob Karabinchak
- Township of Edison Council President Michael Lombard
- Maria T. Maio-Messano, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Tony Marchetta, Executive Director, New Jersey Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency
- Nick Miceli, Market President, TD Bank
- Middlesex County Freeholder Director Ronald Rios
- Leslie Small, Triple C Housing
- U.S. Senator Cory Booker (invited)
- U. S. Senator Robert Menendez (invited)
- Residents of Kilmer Homes I & II