Housing Choice Vouchers Enrollment
Begins on Monday June 13th at 9:00 a.m.

The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA), Division of Housing and Community Resources (DHCR) will be accepting pre-applications on-line for 10,100 Housing Choice Vouchers (HCV) in all twenty-one (21) New Jersey Counties.

The number of pre-applications being accepted by County.

Atlantic – 350

Passaic – 600

Salem – 175

Somerset – 375

Sussex – 200

Union – 575

Warren – 175

Key requirements and information related to the pre-application process.

• All pre-applications submitted online from June 13, 2016 at 9:00am to June 17, 2016 at 5:00pm will be entered into a database and a lottery system will be used to select pre-applications.
  • Pre-applications for housing assistance will be accepted from very low-income individuals and families based on the income limits established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
  • Applicants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to apply, or be an emancipated minor. YOU MUST HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS TO APPLY.
  • Only one (1) pre-application per household per county will be accepted.
  • Web browsers like Google Chrome, Fire Fox or Internet Explorer 10 or higher are recommended.
  • The HCV Program is a federally funded program that provides housing subsidies on behalf of low-income persons for decent, safe and sanitary housing. Persons applying must meet all of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) income and eligibility requirements.
  • Maximum Income Limits: Your total household income cannot exceed the limits shown on the income charts for the County in which you are applying. Be sure to use the figure for the size of your household. The chart only goes up to 8 household members. If you have a larger household, please contact DCA at 609-292-2528 for assistance in determining the maximum income limits for your household. Click here for Income Limits.
  • If you are disabled and need assistance with submitting your pre-application, please contact DCA at 609-292-4080 and select Option 1 or 8 from the Menu and request a reasonable accommodation.
  • Individuals selected by the lottery will be notified via email which may take several weeks.

More Information on the Pre-Appliction

HCV Income Limit

Link to Apply Beginning on June 13th

25 Comments

• by Sakeea
    Posted June 1, 2016 1:17 am 0Likes

Trying to fill out the app for the deadline

• Posted June 1, 2016 8:47 am 0Likes

All pre-applications submitted online from June 13, 2016 at 9:00am to June 17, 2016 at 5:00pm will be entered into a database and a lottery system will be used to select pre-applications. You cannot start until 9 AM on June 13th.

• by Teresa Parker
        Posted June 16, 2016 10:31 am 0Likes

Hello my name is Teresa Parker and I’m having trouble filling out the application it keep sending me back to front of the application,and I really need to put this in.

Thank you!!

• Posted June 16, 2016 5:37 pm 0Likes

Teresa, have you called the state about this issue?

If you have questions during the pre-application you can contact the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Applicant Services Unit (ASU) at 609-292-4080, and select either Option 1 or Option 8 on the Menu, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00 pm.

If that does not work please contact me.

• by Nicole Sessoms
        Posted June 24, 2016 11:57 am 0Likes

I filled out a application but can’t check the waiting list it doesn’t respond to my email or telephone number

• Posted June 24, 2016 12:13 pm 0Likes

• by Donna Decker
    Posted June 2, 2016 5:59 pm 0Likes

I would like all and any information you can give me.

• by Frank gibson
    Posted June 8, 2016 5:26 pm 0Likes

I need help bad. Please call 856-813-9571. I would call your. Please call very important i need your

• by Nimo
    Posted June 13, 2016 9:10 am 0Likes

Hey!! its 9:09 and I cant even register to sign up!!! cmon

• Posted June 13, 2016 9:24 am 0Likes

You can apply all week until 5 p.m. on Friday. Applying this morning or on Friday is the same. Every pre-application submitted during the open enrollment period has a chance of being selected during the lottery.

• by abraham
    Posted June 13, 2016 9:13 am 0Likes

Not everyone has emails nor everyone have access to library to create and/or check email!!!

• Posted June 13, 2016 9:26 am 0Likes

They only accept applications online.

An email address is required. If you do not have one, the application process will allow you to create one. If you need assistance in another language, Google Translate will assist you during the pre-application process.

The Department of Community Affairs (DCA) will extend reasonable accommodations to disabled individuals on a case-by-case basis and will take into consideration the disability and the need(s) of the individuals.
      If you require a reasonable accommodation, please contact DCA at 609-292-4080 and select Option 1 or 8 from the Menu.

• by Zy-Asia
    Posted June 13, 2016 9:38 am 0Likes

How Do I Know If My Application Got Submitted ?

• Posted June 13, 2016 9:43 am 0Likes

When you finished did you get a confirmation? Or an opportunity to print the application?

• Posted June 16, 2016 5:46 pm 0Likes

Can you log back in and see the application?

• by Donna Thompson
    Posted June 13, 2016 7:11 pm 0Likes

Trying to fill out application I get to the and it’s not accepting my email address

• Posted June 14, 2016 8:27 am 0Likes

Donna, please make sure you did the address correctly.

In addition, if you have questions during the pre-application you can contact the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Applicant Services Unit (ASU) at 609-292-4080, and select either Option 1 or Option 8 on the Menu, Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00 pm.

• by Yazmira
    Posted July 26, 2016 3:29 pm 0Likes

What should we expect after application is approved and name has been selected?

• by Michelle Epps
    Posted December 1, 2016 2:05 pm 0Likes

Hi My name is Michelle Epps I live 702 south 19th street. I filled out for housing voucher on june 14,2016 .I have not heard from you Im in a eviction situation because of my rent. May become homeless I need help, so i will not be homeless my court date is December the 7th. My phone number is 8622374811. I also have a permit restraining order for domestic violence.I qualify for your help i need help now to avoid being evicted and homeless.

• Posted December 5, 2016 11:23 am 0Likes

Michelle, I understand that the Essex County Family Justice Center contacted you and was able to provide assistance.

Comments are closed.