United for Homes Media Tools and Best Practices to Communicate and gain Support for Affordable Homes
The next endorser webinar for the United for Homes (UFH) campaign is scheduled for February 8, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
If your organization has not already endorsed the UFH campaign, you can click here to become an endorser today. Join the over 100 New Jersey organizations that have already endorsed UFH!
This webinar will:
- Equip our endorsers with media tools and best practices they need to communicate the UFH proposals broadly and garner additional support and
- Share sample talking points, tweets, posts, and op-eds that endorsers can use to promote the campaign.
This webinar on media strategies for promoting the UFH campaign is part of a series of monthly webinars scheduled to build, engage, and support the more than 2,300 UFH endorsers as we advocate for modest reforms to the mortgage interest deduction (MID) that would benefit millions of lower income homeowners and generate billions in savings to reinvest in rental housing solutions to end homelessness and housing poverty.
UFH endorsers are ambassadors to the campaign, helping to share key messages through the best channels.
On January 11, 2017, NLIHC relaunched the UFH campaign with a webinar introducing:
- Its integrated approach to the campaign,
- Previewed the new UFH website that will go live in February, and
- Shared a host of new advocacy tools to help UFH endorsers spread the message about reinvesting savings from tax reform into affordable housing programs that serve families with the greatest need.
Carol Wayman of Representative Keith Ellison’s (D-MN) office announced Mr. Ellison’s Dear Colleague letter urging his House colleagues to join him in calling for any savings from changes to the housing-related tax reforms be redirected to housing solutions for the lowest income people.