Everyone is Welcome Here Webinar Addresses Community Development and Immigration
On Friday, March 17, 2017, HCDNNJ will host a webinar, “Everyone is Welcome Here: Addressing Immigration Issues Facing our Communities.” The webinar will take place at 11:00 a.m.
Community developers provide affordable homes, social services and other critical information in many areas of New Jersey where new residents make their homes.
Join the Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (the Network) and the New Jersey Alliance for Immigration Justice are hosting the webinar.
- Participants in the webinar will learn about how Community Development Corporations (CDCs) can help meet the needs of new American residents, refugees and others in uncertain and challenging times.
- Participants will also hear from practitioners and other experts about what CDCs and allied organizations can do to help the communities and residents they serve.
- There will also be a discussion about the tools and resources necessary to make all of our neighborhoods safe and welcoming places.
Speakers will include:
- Staci Berger, The Housing and Community Development Network of NJ
- Johanne Calle, The Alliance for Immigrant Justice
- Maria Lopez-Nunez, Ironbound Community Corp.
- Tim Block, Legal Services of New Jersey
- Jason Rowe, Unity Square/ Catholic Charities, Diocese of Metuchen
The Network is a statewide association of over 250 non-profit housing and community development corporations, individuals, professional organizations, and prominent New Jersey corporations that support the creation of housing choices and economic opportunities for low- and moderate-income community residents.
The Network and its members share a commitment to promoting economic justice and the empowerment of low-income individuals and communities, and encouraging wider participation in the framing and implementation of public policies. We support our CDC members by providing targeted technical assistance and educational programs, pursuing additional resources and improved public policies, and conducting research on ways to enhance the impact and effectiveness of the community development sector.
The New Jersey Alliance for Immigrant Justice is a statewide membership-based coalition that creates and achieves policies in New Jersey that welcome and support immigrants to become rooted economically, politically and socially within the state. NJAIJ will use the power and strength of its member organizations to ensure that New Jersey’s immigrant communities are leaders in the development of policies that impact their lives and the lives of all New Jersey residents.
Through the work of NJAIJ and its members, New Jersey will ensure access to services, support family unity, and develop policies and strategies that provide opportunities for immigrants to fully participate in civic life. The human, civil and labor rights of New Jersey’s immigrants, both documented and those seeking status, will be protected.