Supporting Public Policy and Ending Homelessness – Capital Legislative Day June 15th 8:30 am to 3 pm Statehouse in Trenton
The Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (the Network) has opened registration for its Annual Legislative Day, Community Development at the Capitol will be held on Thursday, June 15, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.at the State House in Trenton.
Throughout the day, participants will meet with their legislative representatives to educate them about housing and community development issues like homeless prevention, foreclosure and the budget. Groups may also attend legislative hearings in addition to individual legislative meetings.
It’s your opportunity to speak directly with decision makers alongside fellow advocates on issues that matter to New Jerseyans including:
- Resources to Produce Affordable Homes
- State Rental Assistance Program
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Protecting the Homeless
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Build a Thriving New Jersey
Legislative Day is an opportunity to:
- Speak with your representatives about supporting public policy that improves our communities and moves NJ forward.
- Have a stronger voice by connecting with others in the housing and community development sector.
- Tour the State House and get an insider’s view of the legislative process from where it all happens.
- Hone your advocacy skills and learn tricks of the trade for communicating with decision-makers.
- Witness democracy in action by attending legislative hearings.
Materials and agenda will be e-mailed to all registrant’s closer to the event date. The Network will also host a free webinar to help Legislative Day participants prepare for the June 16 event.
As in prior legislative days, participants will have the opportunity to meet with key sponsors of the Network’s policy priorities!
Breakfast and lunch will be served. This event is free, but registration is required.
Contact Arnold Cohen for more information.