NJ Connect for Recovery: Meeting the Needs of Families Coping with Substance Use Disorders Across New Jersey
Working in close partnership with REACHNJ and the Rutgers Interim Managing Entity Addictions Access Center, NJ Connect for Recovery provides peer to peer counseling, support and education to family members and individuals coping with the opioid epidemic and substance use disorders.
The call line operates 7 days a week providing free confidential services supporting access to treatment, community recovery services and family needs.
Over the recent months, NJCR has expanded its services to include:
- Counselors providing assistance and advocacy regarding private health insurance benefits.
- Free Family Education Workshops and Support Groups across New Jersey. Please call for the schedule.
- Nonjudgmental support
- Immediate and ongoing assistance
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors
- Peer Specialists who understand the effects of addiction on the family
- Multilingual service available
- Calls answered live weekdays 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., weekends 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., holidays 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Message left during off hours returned next business day
- Referrals for treatment and community resources
- Support/educational groups for family members
NJCR works with a dual approach. NJ Connect for Recovery provides counseling specifically to individuals and families coping with addiction to heroin and prescription painkillers.
- People calling on behalf of themselves have access to a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- Those calling on behalf of a family member or friend are connected to a Peer Specialist who can share a personal experience with recovery and who can understand the unique, complex effect of addiction on relationships.
The Tell 2 Friends Campaign is the MHANJ’s grass roots effort to spread the word about NJ Connect for Recovery. Groups that have joined us have agreed to actively share information about the call line, and they are also listed on our website.
The NJCR Call Line can be reached toll free at 855-652-3737 (TTY 877-294-4356).