Seven NJ Communities Hold Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day Events
Seven New Jersey counties are planninijjg Homeless Persons’ Memorial Days and vigils this month.
In December, Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day events will be held in:
- Middlesex, and
- Union Counties
Each event will remember individuals experiencing homelessness who passed away over the last year.
These events offer providers, government officials, advocates and other members of the community an opportunity to remember the homeless men and women who died over the past year.
Is your community planning a Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day? Please let Monarch Housing know about your event and will add your community event information to the list below.
- Essex County – A memorial service will be held from 11 Am t o 3 PM on December 21st at Willing Heart Community Center, 555 Martin Luther King Blvd, Newark NJ. For more information click here for a flyer or email Debra Underwood or call her at 973-395-9160.
- Camden County – A memorial will be held from 11 AM to 1 PM on December 19th at 519-535 West State Street, Camden, NJ. For more information click here for a flyer or email Danielle Orlando or call her at 856-968-2320 x1035.
- Bergen County – A solemn service will be held at 5:30 p.m. on December 21st at Bergen County Housing, Health and Human Services, 120 South River Street, Hackensack. Click here for a program and here to send an email for more information.
- Hudson County – A memorial will be held at 1:00 p.m. on December 21st at Old Bergen Church, One Highland Avenue, Jersey City – for more information, click here or send an email.
- Mercer County – A Remembrance Day ceremony will be held 10:00 a.m. on December 21st at Turning Point United Methodist Church, 15 South Broad St., Trenton, for more information click here or call 609-599-9762.
- Middlesex County – A memorial will be held from 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. on December 21st at VFW Post 9111, 11 Henderson Road, Kendall Park, NJ. For more information click here.
- Union County – A memorial will be held on Wednesday December 21st 7 PM Homeless Persons’ Memorial Day Vigil, at First Presbyterian Church of Cranford, 11 Springfield Ave. Cranford, NJ. For more information email Claire O’Neill.