Summit 18: Advancing Solutions Using Housing as Platform for Services to Improve Lives of the Most Vulnerable
CSH’s Summit 18 is the opportunity to meet over 800 thought leaders from every part of the country. The summit brings these thought leaders together for one of the most important affordable, supportive housing conferences of the year.
CSH works with the mission to advance solutions that use housing as a platform for services to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people, maximize public resources and build healthy communities. CSH works with the vision of envisioning a future in which high-quality supportive housing solutions are integrated into the way every community serves the men, women and children in most need.
Attendees at the Summit 18 will be able to attend interactive learning sessions and receive up-to-date perspectives, predictions, trends and innovations focused on crucial and timely issues including:
- Best Practices in Los Angeles – Innovative practices, programs, and/or policies shaping success in LA.
- System Transformation – Practices that lead to improved housing and other outcomes in systems such as healthcare, criminal justice, and child welfare.
- Improving Outcomes with Applied Research and Data – “Show & Tell” for research studies producing evidence to strengthen the supportive housing field; Interactive workshops demonstrating how data has positively influenced practices.
- Equity: Policies and Practices – System-level solutions that demonstrate how communities can effectively work toward an equitable path to housing.
- Beyond Housing Stability – Focus on supporting people in their environments, including:
- Effective Service Models
- Connecting Residents to Employment
- Using Assistive Technology to Support Independence o Community Integration Practices
- Moving On from Supportive Housing
- Population Specific Strategies – Geared toward any population with extra weight given to sessions designed around any of the following populations:
- Criminal Justice
- Healthcare – Healthcare sessions may advance solutions for frequent utilizers; feature the integration of behavioral and primary healthcare services into supportive housing; explore advancements for the aging or those in need of respite care; or populations impacted by complex medical challenges; or offer innovative supportive housing practices and partnerships that improve health outcomes.
- Developing and Managing Supportive Housing – Sessions may include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Developing quality supportive housing
- Property and Asset Management
- Creative Partnerships with Public Housing Authorities in the development and/or management of supportive housing
- Innovations in the Field – Share your best solutions related to supportive housing. What is the show stopper in your community, who is involved in this effort, and which innovative practices can be replicated?