Consolidated Plan Webinar February 28, 2018 at 10 AM
The State of New Jersey is developing its consolidated plan for fiscal year (FY) 2018-2019 Annual Action Plan (2018 Action Plan).
The 2018 Annual Action Plan outlines how the State will allocate its funding from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the next fiscal year (July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019).
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) has scheduled a webinar on February 28, 2018 at 10 AM to obtain public input on the housing and community development needs throughout the State and identify the priorities that should be addressed next fiscal year utilizing federal funding; the comments received will assist DCA in developing its 2018 Annual Action Plan.
In accordance with the rules and regulations of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the State of New Jersey must prepare a Consolidated Plan to receive federal funding for the following housing and community development programs:
- Community Development Block Grant Program (CDBG)
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG)
- HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME)
- Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA)
- Housing Trust Fund (HTF).
The 2018 Action Plan is the annual update to the 2015 – 2019 Consolidated Plan which was approved by HUD on September 30, 2015. The 2018Action Plan will provide a summary of actions and activities that will occur next fiscal year to address the goals identified in the 5-year Consolidated Plan.
- Goal Name Increase the supply of affordable housing – Goal Description The State will provide funding for new construction and rehabilitation of rental and owner units. These activities will help increase the supply and quality of affordable housing including accessible housing for very low-income and low-income households;
- Goal Name Assist homeless households – Goal Description The State will provide homeless prevention and rapid re-housing funds to those in or at risk of becoming homeless and tenant-based rental assistance to individuals diagnosed with HIV/AIDs. Also, the State will provide funds to emergency shelters and transitional housing facilities to address life safety issues and improve the living conditions of the residents. The State will also support local jurisdictions’ planning process to reduce and end homelessness;
- Goal Name Revitalize municipalities (small cities) – Goal Description The State will provide funding to support the replacement or reconstruction of deteriorating infrastructure and the construction of essential community facilities such as youth centers;
- Goal Name Neighborhood rehabilitation – Goal Description The State will provide funding to rehabilitate low-income homeowners housing
- Goal Name Expand home-ownership opportunities for low and moderate-income families – Goal Description The State will provide funds to increase housing options for low- and moderate- income families. The funding for this goal is from the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency’s 100% Financing Program. The program’s five-year allocation is $50 million;
- Goal Name Foster community economic development – Goal Description The State will support community and economic development programs that expand business enterprises and increase job opportunities for low- and moderate-income households;
- Goal Name Sandy Revitalization – Goal Description Superstorm Sandy disaster recovery and rebuilding activities; and
- Goal Name Affirmatively further fair housing – Goal Description Affirmatively furthering fair housing opportunities.
Anyone interested in participating in the call must register in advance; please contact Lisa Downes via e-mail at least 24 hours prior to the webinar for instructions on how to access the webinar.