Join the Network at Legislative Day in Trenton on June 7
On June 7, 2018, the Housing and Community Development Network of NJ (the Network) will host its “Community Development at the Capitol”, its Annual Legislative Day at the State House in Trenton. The event will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The event is free but registration is required.
- Legislative Day provides the chance for Network members to join the Network and their peers to meet with legislative representatives from the State and Assembly.
- Together, the Network and its members will educate legislators on housing and community development issues.
- They will discuss issues that affect our communities and solutions to help Build a Thriving New Jersey.
Contact Arnold Cohen or 609-393-3752 x1600 for more information.
There is no cost to attend and you are encouraged to bring along as many individuals as possible. This is your opportunity to speak directly with decision makers alongside fellow advocates on issues that matter to New Jerseyans including:
- Resources to Produce Affordable Homes
- State Rental Assistance Program
- Lead Poisoning Prevention
- Protecting the Homeless
- Foreclosure Prevention
- Build a Thriving New Jersey
The Network is hosting a webinar on Thursday, May 31 at 11:00 a.m. for any Legislative Day participants.
- The webinar will provide the opportunity to learn more about the policy priorities to be discussed at Legislative Day and tips on getting the most out of your experience.
- Click here to sign up for the May 31 Legislative Day Preparation Webinar.
The Network is a statewide association of over 250 non-profit housing and community development corporations, individuals, professional organizations, and prominent New Jersey corporations that support the creation of housing choices and economic opportunities for low- and moderate-income community residents.
The Mission of the Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey is to enhance the ability of members to create and preserve long-term affordable housing and build strong communities in New Jersey.