Register Today for the Congressional Reception Before It’s Too Late!
There are now 275 people registered for the 2018 Congressional Reception which will be held at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C.
Here is where we still have space on each bus:
- Newark – 5
- Freehold – 31
- Teterboro/Cranford – 24
- Trenton/Westville FULL
- Madison/Edison 17
- Galloway/Vineland 27
People from all over the state of New Jersey will be attending the Reception as well as others from Washington D.C.
So far, there are 23 individuals from District 10, Payne’s District, and 20 from District 8, Sires’ District. The number of constituents from each congressional district continues to increase.
- There will be 6 buses from 10 different locations in New Jersey leaving for the Reception on the morning of July 25th.
- Once the buses arrive in D.C., a boxed lunch will be served.
- The fee for the bus is $10, however if you travel on your own there is no charge.
- The event itself will begin at 12 PM and end at 4 PM.
- In addition, voter registration forms will be provided on each bus for anyone who is interested in registering to vote in the state of New Jersey.
- This event will allow New Jersey residents who are impacted by homelessness to urge their elected officials in Washington to make No Cuts to Housing and remind them that Opportunity Starts at Home.
- There will be at least one individual from each congressional district speaking on their experience with homelessness or lack of affordable housing. This event is a unique opportunity to witness NJ residents speaking to their elected officials.
- In addition, you may get the opportunity to speak to your official and or take a photo with them. You will also get the chance to hear from speakers from national agencies that aid in the fight against homelessness.
If you are passionate about providing affordable housing in New Jersey, you should attend the July 25th, a Congressional Reception will be held at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C. This event will allow New Jersey residents who are working poor, below the poverty line and or impacted by homelessness to urge their elected officials in Washington to make No Cuts to Housing and remind them that Opportunity Starts at Home.
We know that by joining together and amplifying our voices, we can have an impact on the decisions that are made in Washington DC. Join Monarch Housing Associates and our 35 partners from New Jersey to make the case that homelessness is a solvable problem. The federal government must be a full partner in ensuring an adequate breadth of services are available to prevent children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and all of our neighbors in NJ from experiencing the homelessness.
Register today to attend the Congressional Reception. Everyone needs to register even if you are traveling on your own.
Follow the event with these hashtags
Follow on Twitter:
Like the photo on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
275 Registered for the Congressional Reception! – https://wp.me/peqFK-atk There are now 275 people registered for the 2018 Congressional Reception on July 25 at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C. #End Homelessness #Public Policy #Supportive Housing, #Congressional Reception #CR18 #NJHillDay #NoHousingCuts #OpportunityStartsatHome
Like and share on Facebook.