Nominations for Civic Leadership, Supportive Housing Tenant, Housing Municipal and More for SHA Supportive Housing Award Showcase Due August 3
The Supportive Housing Association of New Jersey (SHA) Supportive Housing Award Showcase will highlight different projects, individuals, and organizations that have worked to advance the supportive housing industry. The awards will recognize the creation of opportunities for housing that accommodates New Jersey’s most in need populations.
- Award nominations will be accepted until Friday, August 3, 2018.
- Award winners will be notified on Thursday, August 31, 2018.
- On December 7, 2018, the 20th Annual NJ SHA Conference and Awards Ceremony will be held at the Renaissance Woodbridge Hotel in New Jersey.
- SHA provides these awards to outstanding individuals and organizations acting as a leader towards supportive housing opportunities for special population in New Jersey.
- Those who will be honored are effective actors in the creation of housing that is supportive, accessible, and affordable.
- SHA believes greatly in the importance of recognizing the success of those who have advanced the supportive housing industry.
- It hopes that these awards encourage these actors to continue their work and inspire the participation of others.
The awards up for nominees include:
- SHA NJ Civic Leadership Award (nomination form)
- SHA NJ Supportive Housing Tenant Award (nomination form)
- SHA NJ Direct Support Staff Award (nomination form)
- SHA NJ Supportive Housing Municipal Award (nomination form)
- SHA NJ Supportive Housing Project of the Year (2 projects awarded) (nomination form )
- Click here for full awards information.
The Supportive Housing Association (SHA) is one of 36 partners for the 2018 Congressional Reception. Monarch Housing Associates appreciates its support in the planning of this event.
If you are passionate about providing supportive housing in New Jersey, you should attend the July 25th, a Congressional Reception will be held at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C. This event will allow New Jersey residents who are working poor, below the poverty line and or impacted by homelessness to urge their elected officials in Washington to make No Cuts to Housing and remind them that Opportunity Starts at Home.
We know that by joining together and amplifying our voices, we can have an impact on the decisions that are made in Washington DC. Join Monarch Housing Associates and our 35 partners from New Jersey to make the case that homelessness is a solvable problem. The federal government must be a full partner in ensuring an adequate breadth of services are available to prevent children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and all of our neighbors in NJ from experiencing the homelessness.
Register today to attend the Congressional Reception. Everyone needs to register even if you are traveling on your own.
Follow the event with these hashtags