Social Media through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram helps Build the Momentum for July 25 in Washington, DC
Monarch Housing Associates has a new Instagram Account. You will be able to use Instagram, along with Facebook, Twitter and other social media to see photos and videos sharing updates, photos and moments from the 2018 Congressional Reception on July 25.
If you share photos or videos before, during or after the Congressional Reception use these social media hashtags:
You can show social media network and followers that ending homelessness and creating affordable housing are critical issues and priorities for all of new Jersey.
- Monarch Housing also has a Facebook and Twitter page which will share posts and tweets about the Congressional Reception and the broader issues of ending homelessness and creating affordable housing.
- You are encouraged to also use your own Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and other social media pages to share posts and tweets with the hashtags for the Congressional Reception.
- Social media platforms are a great way to reach out to your elected officials in Washington, D.C. and show them that you will be attending the 2018 Congressional Reception.
- Tagging our Senate offices and Congressional offices is an easy way to catch the attention of our elected officials and their staff. You can encourage your member to attend the reception and hear compelling stories on the impact that affordable housing has on people’s lives and also to thank them after the event.
This is a sample social media tweet/post that you can use and personalize to tag your U.S. Representative.
For example, this tweet/post was written for someone who lives in U.S. Representative Rodney Frelinghuysen’s district, the 11th district.
- Join Me in DC for #NJHillDay on July 25 @CoryBooker @SenatorMenendez @USRepRodney #NoHousingCuts @OppStartsatHome
For a full list of social media accounts of NJ’s members of Congress click here.
If you are passionate about providing affordable housing in New Jersey, you should attend the July 25th, a Congressional Reception will be held at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C. This event will allow New Jersey residents who are working poor, below the poverty line and or impacted by homelessness to urge their elected officials in Washington to make No Cuts to Housing and remind them that Opportunity Starts at Home.
We know that by joining together and amplifying our voices, we can have an impact on the decisions that are made in Washington DC. Join Monarch Housing Associates and our 35 partners from New Jersey to make the case that homelessness is a solvable problem. The federal government must be a full partner in ensuring an adequate breadth of services are available to prevent children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and all of our neighbors in NJ from experiencing the homelessness.
Register today to attend the Congressional Reception. Everyone needs to register even if you are traveling on your own.
Follow the event with these social media hashtags