Webinar Provides Overview of 2018 Congressional Reception
On July 16, Monarch Housing hosted an informational webinar for the July 25, 2018 Congressional Reception. Almost 30 attendees joined the webinar with excellent questions about logistics for the event.
The webinar gave a brief overview of the logistics for the event.
- For attendees traveling to the July 25 2018 Congressional Reception by bus who have not registered to vote, voter registration forms will be available on the buses.
- Reminding our elected officials that constituents impacted by homelessness are voters is an easy way to ensure that our elected officials in Washington, DC work to end homelessness and create affordable housing in New Jersey.
- The distance from the bus drop off location in Washington D.C. to the Dirksen Senate Office Building, where the 2018 Congressional Reception is being held, is a short walk, so attendees are encouraged and reminded dress comfortably.
- Attendees are encouraged to wear comfortable walking shoes. For those who require special assistance, golf carts will be available to drop off attendees at a location closer to the Dirksen Auditorium.
- If additional assistance is needed, please let us know ahead of time so plans can be made accordingly.
- There is a smart phone app that will be very useful during the event. The app will be a very helpful tool leading up to and especially on the day of the Congressional Reception.
- On the app, you will be able to see announcements from your bus captains, post pictures about the event, and connect with other attendees. To learn more about Monarch’s app click here for an instructional video and the link to download the app.
- Once they arrive at the Congressional Reception, attendees are encouraged to take small group photos with available signage to help promote the Congressional Reception.
- You are encouraged to share these photos on all social media platforms using the hashtags
Tagging our Senate offices and Congressional offices is an easy way to catch the attention of our elected officials and their staff. You can encourage your member to attend the reception and hear compelling stories on the impact that affordable housing has on people’s lives and also to thank them after the event.
In response to the great and helpful questions asked by webinar attendees asked:
- Wi-Fi will be available on the buses and in the Dirksen Senate Auditorium.
- Charging outlets available on the bus to charge mobile devices.
- Small bags or personal items are permitted in the Dirksen Senate auditorium, but they need to be small enough fit through security.
- You are welcome bring a change of clothes if you would like to dress professionally during the event but that is certainly not necessary. Again, dressing comfortable is very acceptable for this event.
- For those attending the Congressional Reception who are driving their own vehicles down to the event, one of the best areas to park in the public and paid parking near Union Station.
If you have not yet registered for the 2018 Congressional Reception, we strongly encourage you to register as soon as possible. Transportation will be provided from several New Jersey locations for a small fee of $10. Most buses have a scheduled departure time of 6:00 a.m. and a scheduled return time of 8 p.m.
We know that by joining together and amplifying our voices, we can have an impact on the decisions that are made in Washington DC. Join Monarch Housing Associates and our 35 partners from New Jersey to make the case that homelessness is a solvable problem. The federal government must be a full partner in ensuring an adequate breadth of services are available to prevent children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and all of our neighbors in NJ from experiencing the homelessness.
Register today to attend the Congressional Reception. Everyone needs to register even if you are traveling on your own.