Important Congressional Reception Details and Reminders are Available Here!
The 2018 Congressional Reception is two days away. The goal of registering 300 constituents has been reached. Buses will depart on the morning of July 25 from 11 locations across New Jersey.
Questions about registration for the event and/or the buses? Please contact Kara Foley or Richard Brown at Monarch Housing Associates. If you have not yet registered but are still interested in attending or if you have registered and are unsure of your bus pickup location, Kara and Richard can answer those questions.
If you have not yet downloaded the Congressional Reception app on your smart phone, you can watch a video on how to download the app here. You can download the app here. The app will be very useful during the reception allowing you to receive announcements from your bus captains, use social media to post pictures about the event, and connect with other attendees.
If you did not attend the 2018 Congressional Reception Webinar recorded on July 16, you can click here to watch the webinar. You can also click here for a summary of logistics.
Some important details to keep in mind are:
- Wi-Fi will be available on the buses and in the Dirksen Senate Auditorium.
- Charging outlets available on the bus to charge mobile devices.
- Small bags or personal items are permitted in the Dirksen Senate auditorium, but they need to be small enough fit through security.
- You are welcome bring a change of clothes if you would like to dress professionally during the event but that is certainly not necessary. Again, dressing comfortable is very acceptable for this event.
- For those attending the Congressional Reception who are driving their own vehicles down to the event, one of the best areas to park is near Union Station
- Breakfast and dinner will not be provided so please plan accordingly. Attendees riding the buses will have the opportunity to purchase dinner at a rest area stop on the ride home.
If you are passionate about providing affordable housing in New Jersey, you should attend the July 25th, a Congressional Reception will be held at the Dirksen Senate Auditorium in Washington D.C. This event will allow New Jersey residents who are working poor, below the poverty line and or impacted by homelessness to urge their elected officials in Washington to make No Cuts to Housing and remind them that Opportunity Starts at Home.
We know that by joining together and amplifying our voices, we can have an impact on the decisions that are made in Washington DC. Join Monarch Housing Associates and our 35 partners from New Jersey to make the case that homelessness is a solvable problem. The federal government must be a full partner in ensuring an adequate breadth of services are available to prevent children, people with disabilities, the elderly, and all of our neighbors in NJ from experiencing the homelessness.
Follow the event with these hashtags