SHA Holds Annual Great Expectations Conference Featuring Key Note Speaker Kevin Martone of TAC
On Friday, December 7, 2018, the Supportive Housing Association of New Jersey (SHA) will hold its 20th Annual conference, “Great Expectations – Building on the Past, Envisioning the Future.”
The conference will take place at the Renaissance Inn Woodbridge in Iselin New Jersey from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Kevin Martone. Kevin is Executive Director for the Technical Assistance Collaborative in Boston, a national nonprofit that works with our nation’s human services, health care, homelessness, and affordable housing systems to implement outcome-oriented solutions that help people live healthy, independent lives in the communities they choose.
- He is also on faculty at Tufts University School of Medicine.
- A recognized leader with over 20 years of experience in executive leadership at the national, state, and provider levels, Kevin brings his unique understanding of the complexity of systems that influence the design and delivery of permanent supportive housing.
- Prior to joining TAC, he served as president of the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors and was Deputy Commissioner of the New Jersey Department of Human Services where he oversaw the state’s mental health and substance use disorder system.
SHA’s conference is an educational and networking opportunity for housing and service providers, community planners, housing developers, public officials, families/consumers and those interested in promoting supportive housing for people with special needs and advancing supportive housing. The conference draws an average of over 400 attendees and addresses state, regional as well as national issues.
This year’s theme, “Great Expectations – Building on the Past, Envisioning the Future,” acknowledges the many achievements that have moved supportive housing forward over the last 20 years while highlighting the exciting innovations taking place across the country.
- The industry’s continued and persistent drive to provide homes and services for people of low income and with special needs continues to push the boundaries of independence and integration.
- This year’s conference will focus on how developers, service providers, advocates, families and consumers are creating new partnerships and targeting resources to increase the community living options for people with special needs.
- The conference is an opportunity to enlighten, inspire and empower those in our industry who strive to provide homes and services for people of low income and with special needs.
- We are interested in the experiences of NJ providers but also want to hear how other states are constructing effective plans in response to the needs of people with disabilities in housing and services.
SHA unites its diverse coalition of members engaging development, resources, and information to sustain supportive housing systems within New Jersey. Since 1998, our statewide mission seeks to enhance lives and accessibility to enable independent living within our communities.
SHA conference attendees include providers of supportive services, housing developers, lenders, advocates, families and consumers, government representatives, corporate vendors including engineers, architects, attorneys and insurance brokerage firms. The conference annually draws over 400 registrants.
- Pricing for non-members is $225 with a discount price of $185 before October 27.
- Pricing for members is $175 with a discounted price of $150 before October 27.
- Group pricing is also available.
- A limited number of scholarships are available based on financial need.