Support Monarch Housing on Giving Tuesday on November and Help Transform Lives
Monarch’s Housing Production Team works with the mission to expand the supply, accessibility and variety of affordable, permanent supportive housing through development, planning, advocacy and partnerships.
Through expanding supportive housing in New Jersey, every one of our neighbors experiencing homelessness will have a place to call home.
Monarch partners to develop supportive housing to prevent and end homelessness. As one example of our work, Franklin Lakes Supportive Housing is a 40-unit project in Franklin Lakes. All 40 units in the project will be dedicated to persons with disabilities. Without the affordable and supportive apartments, many, if not all of the persons with disabilities who will move into these new apartments, may be at risk of homelessness.
On Friday, December 7, 2018, the Franklin Lakes project will receive the Supportive Housing Network of New Jersey’s Project of the Year award.
This unique 40-unit development in Bergen County creates a community of permanent supportive housing with preference for persons with disabilities. Monarch Housing serves as the housing consultant for this project.
Franklin Lakes is a joint partnership of:
- The Alpert Group,
- The Housing Development Corporation of Bergen County,
- West Bergen Mental Health,
- Housing Consultant – Monarch Housing Associates,
- Architect – Kitchen & Associates,
- Civil Engineer – MidAtlantic Engineering Partners, LLC.
The project’s financing partners are:
- New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency,
- Enterprise Community Investment,
- TD Bank,
- Borough of Franklin Lakes, and
- Bergen County Division of Community Development.
NJCounts 2018 found that almost 50% of those counted reported having some type of disability. Among homeless adults over the age of 18, almost 61% reported having a disability. The most prevalent disability reported was a mental health issue.
Your generosity on Giving Tuesday will:
- Build the capacity to create more homes like Franklin Lakes Supportive Housing for every one of the 9,303 homeless men, women and children counted across the state of New Jersey on January 23, 2018 through NJCounts 2018.
- Fund Monarch’s work to use data collected in NJ Counts 2018 to host public policy forums and push our lawmakers to fight cuts to affordable housing and homelessness funding and make policy changes that will end homelessness.
#GivingTuesday is a global movement dedicated to advancing knowledge and increasing giving to causes closest to your heart.
With your support, we and our many partners will end homelessness in New Jersey. To join us in this movement, make a contribution today or on GivingTuesday, November 27th!