NHSDC Announces Workshop RFP for Spring 2019 Conference April 15-17 in Nashville
The National Human Services Data Consortium (NHSDC) requests proposals for the 2019 conference. The conference will take place in Nashville, TN from April 15-17. The conference will be co-sponsored by the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Special Needs Assistance Programs (SNAPS) office. It will be a 3-day event featuring tracks of HUD content in the mornings and NHSDC sessions in the afternoons.
NHSDC is seeking experienced speakers and presenters who are excited to share their human services data experience with attendees from across the country. We anticipate a larger conference than usual, and so are looking for sessions to fill 6 exciting content tracks:
- Data Integration and Sharing – How HMIS data can integrate with health systems data?
- Data Visualization and Storytelling – Creating thoughtful presentations
- Advanced Applications to Bridge HMIS – Options for “bridging” diverse databases/data systems within a Continuum of Care (CoC)
- Performance Management and Planning – Strategies, tools and processes that CoCs use to implement a cohesive plan for setting benchmarks and monitoring performance
- When Data and the Client Story Meet – Innovative practices in incorporating client experience
- Building Partnerships to Increase the Homeless Response System’s Capacity – Providing technical guidance and methodologies for project set-up
Note that for each track, NHSDC is interested in at least one session addressing racial and ethnic disparities in homeless populations, and one session addressing HMIS response to natural disasters. Click here to learn more about ideas for each track and find the proposal submission link in Call for Conference Session Proposals PDF. Workshop proposals are due by Tuesday, January 8, 2019.
This year’s conference will be held at the Sheraton in Downtown Nashville. The conference rate is a reasonable $219 per night. Please use this link to book your room. The conference rate room block usually sells out so NHSDC advises reserving your room early!
Conference registration will open in January.
The NHSDC provides:
- peer education, and
- lifelong learning to its membership and other interested parties in the:
- implementation, and
- continuous operation of technology initiatives to collect, aggregate, analyze, and present information regarding the provision of human services.
NHSDC conferences highlights the good work that you and your community are doing to leverage data in the fight to end homelessness. All communities employ different strategies and creative means to tackle the social services issues.