Send a Letter to Senators Booker and Menendez to Cosponsor the Affordable Housing Task Force Legislation
The “Task Force on the Impact of the Affordable Housing Crisis Act” (S.3231) has 16 bipartisan cosponsors, indicating significant momentum in the Senate to create an affordable housing task force to deeply study the nation’s crisis and to articulate robust solutions, as called for by the bill.
The Opportunity Starts at Home multi-sector affordable housing campaign has called on Congress to support the legislation. To-date, campaign advocates have sent 412 letters to various Senate offices urging support.
In July, these Senators introduced S.3231:
Since then, additional cosponsors include:
This group of bipartisan cosponsors embodies significant geographic and ideological diversity and demonstrates a growing recognition of the need for action on both sides of the aisle.
Please share this by spreading the word to your networks.
- Government Shutdown, Affordable Housing Crisis and Code Blue to Impact NJCounts 2019
- Monarch Housing Associates Seeks Congressional Reception Intern
- Recent Changes to EA for Individuals who are Homeless or at Risk of Being Homeless
- Into Third Week, Government Shutdown Impacts Housing and Homelessness Programs and Tenants
- Homelessness and Housing Affordability Connection