Allow Lifetime Emergency Assistance and Extend it to New Jerseyans Most Vulnerable
On Monday, December 17, 2018, two bills that would protect our most vulnerable residents by providing them with Emergency Assistance will go before the entire New Jersey General Assembly for a vote. And you can spend a few minutes today to take action to help prevent homelessness.
Monarch Housing Associates is joining the Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (the Network) in urging you to call your assembly members and urge them to vote in favor of both of these bills:
How can you help support the passage of these bills in the Assembly?
Once you have called, please email Arnold Cohen, Senior Policy Coordinator, at the Network so that the Network can keep track of the number of calls being made. Let Arnold know if you have any questions.
The expansion of emergency assistance benefits would prevent homelessness. The Network advocated for the expansion during its Annual Hill Day. Discussions with staff and legislators led to the introduction of legislation.
- NLIHC Finds 72% of NJ Renters are Extremely Low-Income Renters in NJ are Cost Burdened
- Tomorrow, Join Monarch Housing in Honoring Richard Brown, a Champion for Ending Homelessness
- Food Assistance for NJ’s Struggling Workers and Families at Risk
- This Thursday, Join Monarch Housing to Honor Richard Brown’s Legacy to Monarch Housing and Kick Off the Advocacy Fund
- Next Thursday, Join Monarch Housing on March 21 as We Celebrate Richard Brown and His Leadership