Allow Lifetime Emergency Assistance and Extend it to New Jerseyans Most Vulnerable
On Monday, December 17, 2018, two bills that would protect our most vulnerable residents by providing them with Emergency Assistance will go before the entire New Jersey General Assembly for a vote. And you can spend a few minutes today to take action to help prevent homelessness.
Monarch Housing Associates is joining the Housing and Community Development Network of New Jersey (the Network) in urging you to call your assembly members and urge them to vote in favor of both of these bills:
How can you help support the passage of these bills in the Assembly?
Once you have called, please email Arnold Cohen, Senior Policy Coordinator, at the Network so that the Network can keep track of the number of calls being made. Let Arnold know if you have any questions.
The expansion of emergency assistance benefits would prevent homelessness. The Network advocated for the expansion during its Annual Hill Day. Discussions with staff and legislators led to the introduction of legislation.
- Government Shutdown, Affordable Housing Crisis and Code Blue to Impact NJCounts 2019
- Monarch Housing Associates Seeks Congressional Reception Intern
- Recent Changes to EA for Individuals who are Homeless or at Risk of Being Homeless
- Into Third Week, Government Shutdown Impacts Housing and Homelessness Programs and Tenants
- Homelessness and Housing Affordability Connection