Thank you to the Richard Brown Advocacy Fund Donors Supporting His Work to Ensure that All New Jerseys Have a Home
Tomorrow, Thursday, March 21, Monarch Housing Associates invites you to join us as we celebrate Richard Brown’s retirement. We are gathering together recognize Richard’s 28 years as a leader in ending homelessness and expanding supportive housing in New Jersey. You can click here to purchase your ticket today and join us tomorrow evening.
We will celebrate Richard and his life’s work of creating housing opportunities for all as he moves on to new adventures. The celebration will be an evening reception on tomorrow evening at the Forsgate Country Club. Ticket prices are $100.
Thursday, March 21, 2019
6:00pm – 8:30pm
375 Forsgate Drive, Monroe Township, NJ 08831
Taiisa Kelly was the team lead for the Ending Homelessness Team at Monarch Housing Associates until January 1, 2019 when she took on the position of CEO upon Richard’s retirement.
“It was an honor to be appointed the new CEO of Monarch Housing,” said Taiisa. “I look forward to continuing Richard’s resolution that every New Jersey deserves a home and Monarch’s work in helping the communities across the state that are working tirelessly to end homelessness. Richard encouraged the forging of partnerships to end homelessness including NJCounts 2019, the statewide coordination of the point-in-time count, and the annual Congressional Reception.”
- Helping to initiate Monarch Housing‘s coordinating of the first NJCounts six years ago. That year, Monarch took on the role of coordinating the point-in-time count of the homeless in each of New Jersey’s 21 counties.
- Encouraging New Jersey counties to hold their first Project Homeless Connect Events. In January of 2019, 15 counties held Project Homeless Connect events in conjunction with NJCounts.
- Helping New Jersey counties to hold their annual Homeless Vigil events. In December 2018, five New Jersey counties held Homeless Vigils.
- Advocating for the establishment of Homeless Trust Funds. In 2017, the 11 New Jersey counties with Homeless Trust Funds collected $1.76 million for activities that are ending homelessness.
- Supporting Monarch’s work with counties across that state to develop annual applications for the HUD McKinney Continuum of Care competition.
Another way to honor Richard work to end homelessness and help continue his work of ensuring all of our neighbors have a home they can afford is by making a donation to the Richard Brown Advocacy Fund. Your donation will support Monarch’s efforts to continue this important work.
Thank you to the generous donors to the Richard Brown Advocacy Fund who have donated to the Fund to date:
- Care Plus, NJ. Inc.
- JFS of Atlantic & Cape May Counties
- Lutheran Episcopal Advocacy Ministry NJ
- NewBridge Services
- New Jersey Community Capital
- New Jersey Community Development Corporation
- Sincox Associates Architects/Planners
- Flora Attardi
- Bruce Davidson
- Carol and Haig Kasabach
- Jeffrey Kuschner
- Kate Kelly
- Taiisa Kelly
- Asish Patel
- Diane Riley, Supportive Housing Association of NJ
- Laura Rodgers
- Floyd Slaten
- Janel Winter
- Skip Winter
Click here to buy a ticket for tomorrow evening’s celebration of Richard Brown and make a donation to the Richard Brown Advocacy Fund