Outreach and Engagement of Individuals Experiencing Homelessness Among Funded Activities
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has issued an important Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) that supports the agency’s initiatives.
- Substance use disorders or co-occurring mental and substance use disorders treatment and other recovery-oriented services;
- Coordination of housing and services that support the implementation and/or enhance the long-term sustainability of integrated community systems that provide permanent housing and supportive services to the target population; and
- Efforts to engage and connect clients who experience substance use disorders or co-occurring disorders to enrollment resources for health insurance, Medicaid, and mainstream benefits programs (e.g., Supplemental Security Income [SSI]/Social Security Disability Insurance [SSDI], Temporary Assistance for Needy Families [TANF], Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program [SNAP]).
- Outreach and engagement for the population of focus
- Mental and substance use screening and assessment
- Direct treatment for substance use and co-occurring disorders
- Assistance in accessing permanent housing
- Case management and recovery support services
- Enrollment for health insurance, Medicaid, SSI/SSDI, and other mainstream benefits
- Access to recovery support services