Project Homeless Connect is a service fair designed to connect persons experiencing homelessness to services, supplies and support. In New Jersey, many communities have held their PHC events in conjunction with the Point in Time Count and use the events as an opportunity to
- identify people experiencing homelessness,
- offer meals, clothing and toiletries,
- connect people to benefits, services and housing
- provide medical, behavioral health and legal services
- offer activities and services such as hair cuts, massage therapy, yoga and pet therapy
Project Homeless Connect events have drawn hundreds of people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness and have provided an opportunity for local communities to coordinate supports in a new way and increase access and awareness.